tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Turner, John" <JTur...@AAS.com>
Subject RE: mod_jk on freebsd 4.6 with apache 2
Date Wed, 21 Aug 2002 18:03:11 GMT

parameter to ltconfig when called from configure.

John Turner
jturner@NOSPAM.aas.com

-----Original Message-----
From: lists@polerecky [mailto:lists@polerecky.com]
Sent: Wednesday, August 21, 2002 1:46 PM
To: tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: mod_jk on freebsd 4.6 with apache 2

I have been at this for what seems like weeks.

Here is what I have so far, I downloaded the connectors from apache.org

I installed autoconf, libtool and automake so that I can run the
buildunix.sh without getting any errors. That works fine but when I run
the configure here is the output, as you can see at the bottom there is
an error.

bash-2.05a# ./configure
checking for gawk... no
checking for mawk... no
checking for nawk... nawk
checking build system type... i386-unknown-freebsdelf4.6
checking host system type... i386-unknown-freebsdelf4.6
checking for ranlib... ranlib
checking for gcc... gcc
checking for suffix of executables...
checking whether gcc accepts -g... yes
checking dependency style of gcc... none
checking for ld used by GCC... /usr/libexec/elf/ld
checking if the linker (/usr/libexec/elf/ld) is GNU ld... yes
checking for BSD-compatible nm... /usr/bin/nm -B
checking whether ln -s works... yes
ltconfig: you must specify a host type if you use `--no-verify'
Try `ltconfig --help' for more information.
configure: error: libtool configure failed

On another note, why is this so hard? apache.org makes apache and tomcat
but they cant make a connector for them for more then one platform and
from my reading that seems to be a pain to install as well. I though
about moving to redhat but why, same problems...

I have to use freebsd so there is no reason to point out the advantages
of a linux install of apache/mod_jk/tomcat.

Anyone have an update on the mod_jk port for freebsd?

thanks
eric polerecky.