tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Turner, John" <JTur...@AAS.com>
Subject RE: com.orielly.servlet File Upload package
Date Wed, 21 Aug 2002 17:17:56 GMT

Sounds to me like you're making this out to be more difficult than it is.

The standard flow is for a user to upload one file, and when the file upload
is complete, you merely redirect back to the file upload page and ask if the
user has another file to upload.  Uploading multiple files all at once
doesn't really gain anything in time saved, nor is the code any more
efficient.

By redirecting to the file upload page after an upload, you can also place
confirmation messages there for the previous uploads, and even give them a
nifty little interface where they can see a list of files that they have
uploaded.

John Turner
jturner@NOSPAM.aas.com

-----Original Message-----
From: Raju Lokhande [mailto:RLokhande@ne.health.net]
Sent: Wednesday, August 21, 2002 1:10 PM
To: tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: Re: com.orielly.servlet File Upload package

You are right. I needed more fields on the html form to enter more than one
file name. That means I have to pre-set the number of files in my html form.
Is there a more user-friendly interface available which works with this
package?
I know there are commercially available software which do the FileUpload
job, but am looking for an open-source free-ware.
Raju Lokhande

>>> chetan@2deck.com 08/21/02 12:40PM >>>
How many <input type="file"> fields did you put in your form? It's my
understanding that you need one for each file that you want to upload. I'm
not sure where filename seperators comes into this..

Regards,
Chetan Sarva