tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Turner, John" <JTur...@AAS.com>
Subject RE: Upgrade from 4.0.2 to 4.0.4
Date Wed, 21 Aug 2002 12:28:36 GMT

I would back up your webapps, if they are under the tomcat base, and save
copies of your *.xml files.

Then download the binaries from here:
http://jakarta.apache.org/builds/jakarta-tomcat-4.0/release/v4.0.4/bin/

The binary install is very straightforward, and as far as I know, there is
nothing that an RPM would be doing that wouldn't be accomplished by just
downloading the binary.  The only thing I do to install tomcat from the
binary is extract the archive, make sure CATALINA_HOME is set, and start it
up.  Piece of cake.  Obviously, you will need to modify your server.xml as
needed and move your webapps into the tree, if that's where you want them,
but other than that, the binary install should be painless.

John Turner
jturner@NOSPAM.aas.com

-----Original Message-----
From: Shannon Scott [mailto:sscott@gwi.net]
Sent: Wednesday, August 21, 2002 8:08 AM
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: Upgrade from 4.0.2 to 4.0.4

Hello,
I have Apache 1.3.20 / Tomcat 4.0.2 with mod_jk running on RedHat 7.2.
I used the rpms to install tomcat 4.0.2, but they do not exist for
tomcat4.0.4.
Is there an easy way to upgrade to 4.0.4? ( just copy specific files to the
old
Tomcat4 location?)
Should I remove the 4.0.2 rpms, before I try to install the binary version
of 4.0.4?

Any Help is greatly Appreciated.
Shannon