tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Turner, John" <JTur...@AAS.com>
Subject RE: Apache won't start with LoadModule included
Date Fri, 16 Aug 2002 14:43:30 GMT

It is possible to do what you are doing, and many people have done it.
How-To resources have been posted.

All due respect, but perhaps you would have more success taking a couple
steps back from the bleeding edge and using components that are 1) proven
and 2) not beta.

Both mod_jk2 and tomcat 4.1.x are beta. I don't see any advantage to
choosing apache 2.0.x over 1.3.x, and many people I know refuse to use an
apache .0 release (YMMV).  There is no guarantee or promise that they will
all work together perfectly out of the box.

A known working configuration, on both *nix and Win32, is apache 1.3.26,
tomcat 4.0.4, and AJP13 (mod_jk.dll).  There are many people on this list
with that configuration who may be able to help.  The closer you get to the
"latest release", the fewer the people available to help you.

John Turner
jturner@NOSPAM.aas.com

-----Original Message-----
From: Kenny G. Dubuisson, Jr. [mailto:kdubuisson@kcmria.com]
Sent: Friday, August 16, 2002 10:33 AM
To: tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: Apache won't start with LoadModule included

I've now rebuilt my server again this time trying JSDK 1.4.0, Apache 2.0.40,
Tomcat 4.1.9 LE, and mod_jk2 (the latest version of each).  Everything works
individually but when I add the LoadModule directive for mod_jk2 in Apache's
config file, Apache won't start.  I get a error dialog box stating "The
requested operation has failed" and Apache doesn't start.  If I remove the
LoadModule line, Apache starts fine.  I've re-downloaded mod_jk2.dll and put
it in Apache's modules directory to no avail.

This is like the 10th time I've reloaded this server trying to get
Apache/Tomcat to work together.  It just seems that it has to be easier than
this.  Any advice that anyone can give would be very welcome.  Thanks,
Kenny