tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Turner, John" <JTur...@AAS.com>
Subject RE: Newbie questions
Date Thu, 15 Aug 2002 18:44:00 GMT

Did you add a Context entry in server.xml for jimbo?  Basically, wherever
you see entries in server.xml for "examples", you need to do the same thing
for "jimbo", then restart tomcat.

You can also put your servlet into the examples directory, with the example
servlets, and see if you can call it via
http://localhost:8080/examples/Form1

John Turner
jturner@NOSPAM.aas.com

-----Original Message-----
From: Jim Marnell [mailto:jlmswf@yahoo.com]
Sent: Thursday, August 15, 2002 2:31 PM
To: tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: Newbie questions

I'm having problems running a servlet.  I've installed tomcat 4.0.4, apache
2 & jdk 1.4 on redhat 7.2.

I put html file with the following into apache's htdocs directory

<form method=post action="http://localhost:8080/jimbo/Form1">

I then created a directory in $tomcat_home/webapps called jimbo. Within
directory jimbo I created WEB-INF/classes and moved my compiled servlet into
it. I restarted tomcat and get a 404 message stating that Form1 is not
available. Please let me know what is wrong.

Also, do I need any special apache modules for tomcat?

Thanks in advance.

/J