tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Turner, John" <>
Subject RE: can't find mod_jk.conf
Date Thu, 15 Aug 2002 17:55:53 GMT

The only thing you need in your httpd.conf, if you are using Tomcat's
"autogen" function for mod_jk.conf, is this line:

Include /usr/local/jakarta-tomcat-4.0.4/conf/auto/mod_jk.conf

I'm not sure what platform you are using, but I posted a howto for apache
1.3.26 + tomcat 4.0.4 + mod_jk here:

In particular, step #10 of my How-to deals with the Listener directives,
which are responsible for generating the mod_jk.conf file (as far as I

The system as built via the How-to is working for me, and the httpd.conf has
two differences from the original that was installed with apache: the
ServerName has been changed, and the Include directive has been added.

John Turner

-----Original Message-----
From: Scott Adamson []
Sent: Thursday, August 15, 2002 12:09 PM
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: Re: can't find mod_jk.conf

Ok, here is what I have done :

- compiled apache_1.3.19 with DSO support
(./configure --prefix=/usr/local/apache2 --enable-module=rewrite --enable-sh
ared=rewrite )

- added the following to httpd.conf:
    # Load mod_jk
    LoadModule jk_module libexec/
    #AddModule mod_jk.c

    # Configure mod_jk
    JkWorkersFile /usr/local/jakarta-tomcat-4.0.4/conf/
    JkLogFile /usr/local/apache2/logs/mod_jk.log
    JkLogLevel info

    Include /usr/local/jakarta-tomcat-4.0.4/conf/auto/mod_jk.conf

- copied to /usr/local/apache2/libexec

- added the following to server.xml :
 <Listener className="org.apache.ajp.tomcat4.config.ApacheConfig"
modJk="/usr/local/apache/libexec/" />

- created conf/
    worker.list=ajp12, ajp13

mod_jk.conf is getting created, can someone verify this is correct ?
    <IfModule !mod_jk.c>
      LoadModule jk_module

apache/logs/error_log contains the following :

[Fri Aug 16 02:37:52 2002] [error] [client] File does not exist:
 which indicates that it doesn't have a clue about tomcat.

Can anyone help with this, I have tried the supposed documentation suggested
and found it quite confusing and contridictory.