tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Turner, John" <JTur...@AAS.com>
Subject RE: New installation recommendations
Date Tue, 13 Aug 2002 14:27:17 GMT

There aren't any steps for using JDBC with tomcat, other than making sure
your database driver JARs are in CATALINA_HOME/common/lib, and then calling
them in your code.

If you want to use JNDI for setting up your JDBC connections, there are some
modifications to make to your web.xml.

Here's Oracle's JDBC FAQ:
http://technet.oracle.com/tech/java/sqlj_jdbc/htdocs/jdbc_faq.htm

Code examples are here:
http://www.orafaq.com/faqjdbc.htm

John Turner
jturner@NOSPAM.aas.com

-----Original Message-----
From: Kenny G. Dubuisson, Jr. [mailto:kdubuisson@kcmria.com]
Sent: Tuesday, August 13, 2002 10:20 AM
To: tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: Fw: New installation recommendations

Thanks. Next question:  Does anyone have a document which outlines the
installation steps required to get Oracle access via JSP pages.  It's my
understanding that I have to get the JDBC drivers from Oracle and also
install the Oracle Net8 client but I don't see the installation steps
required to add the JDBC to Tomcat.  Any help would again be appreciated.
Thanks,
Kenny