tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Turner, John" <JTur...@AAS.com>
Subject RE: New installation recommendations
Date Tue, 13 Aug 2002 13:36:50 GMT

If you are looking for a production environment with near-guaranteed
stability, you want:

apache 1.3.26
tomcat 4.0.4
mod_jk

That's a "tried and true" configuration that many people are running, on
several different platforms.  tomcat 4.1.x is beta and mod_jk2 doesn't seem
to be production ready.

John Turner
jturner@NOSPAM.aas.com

-----Original Message-----
From: Kenny G. Dubuisson, Jr. [mailto:kdubuisson@kcmria.com]
Sent: Tuesday, August 13, 2002 9:20 AM
To: tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: New installation recommendations

I'm looking for recommendations on what versions of JRE/Apache/Tomcat to
install on a Windows NT 4.0 server.  The ultimate goal is to author JSP
pages that access an Oracle database using JDBC (a secondary goal is
installation/configuration ease).  One recommendation I got was to use JSDK
1.4.0_01, Apache 2.0.39, and Tomcat 4.1.8 but I can't find any binaries for
Apache 2.x for Win32 and Tomcat 4.1.x seems to be Beta.

Any suggestions would be very much appreciated.  Thanks,
Kenny