tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Turner, John" <>
Subject RE: can't find mod_jk.conf
Date Mon, 12 Aug 2002 12:08:12 GMT

To get mod_jk.conf auto-generated, you need to add Listener directives into

You'll need one at the Server level, and one (or more) at the Host level for
each different Host.

See my HOWTO at ,
step #10.  The HOWTO is for RedHat, but the server.xml is the same
regardless of platform, as far as I know.

John Turner

-----Original Message-----
From: Scott Adamson []
Sent: Sunday, August 11, 2002 11:35 AM
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: can't find mod_jk.conf

I have been trying to get Tomcat 4.04 to work with Apache (compiled
statically with mod_jk). According to the HOWTO on the Apache site
mod_jk.conf should be auto-generated with startup, it isnt. My guess would
be that there is some other configuration I need, but the HOWTO only seems
to mentions a '' file, which I created as instructed. Can
anyone help me with Tomcat 4 + Apache + mod_jk ? I would prefer to stick
with mod_jk (it already works with tomcat3.2.1) but I would consider using
other connectors.

Any help that anyone can offer would be much appreciated.

Scott Adamson
Systems Administrator
Syware Technology

To unsubscribe, e-mail: