tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Turner, John" <JTur...@AAS.com>
Subject RE: forward
Date Fri, 09 Aug 2002 11:50:48 GMT

Which tomcat 4 is it?  I am using Forte on Win2000 and don't see those
errors, but I installed tomcat 4.0.3.  I don't use the tomcat that came with
Forte.  Adding another tomcat install is very, very easy:

- download the tomcat you want, (I downloaded the binary for 4.0.3)
- put it in a directory with an 8.3 name, such as c:\tomcat (mine is
c:\tomcat\jakarta-tomcat-4.0.3)
- in Forte, on the Runtime tab, under "Installed Servers", right-click on
"Tomcat 4.0" and choose "Add Tomcat 4.0 installation", then in the window
that pops up, point at your new tomcat install
- on the Runtime tab, under Server Registry->Default Servers, right-click on
"Web Tier Applications" and choose "Set default server", then choose the
tomcat installation you just installed.

That's all it takes.  In a couple of minutes, you can easily see if it's
related to the version of tomcat you are using.  I know that I tried to get
Forte 4 to work with Tomcat 4.0.4, and got error messages, though I don't
remember if they were the same/similar to what you are seeing.  The folks on
the Netbeans list might be able to help, though when I reported my errors, I
was told to "file a bug report under tomcat integration", so your problem
could very well be related to Forte, and not tomcat.

John Turner
jturner@NOSPAM.aas.com