tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Turner, John" <JTur...@AAS.com>
Subject RE: Help: Tomcat 4, Apache 2, Linux 2.4
Date Wed, 07 Aug 2002 14:31:52 GMT

There is a discussion about which connector is "best" just about every day.
Most folks seem to be using mod_jk.  Mod_webapp has limitations (no ability
to distinguish between static and dynamic content, no load balancing).
Mod_jk2 is not, as far as I know, production ready...there may be stability
problems.

You most likely won't find pre-compiled binaries anywhere for the
connectors.

I posted a HOW-TO for RH 7.2 and apache 1.3, I'm not sure how different it
would be for apache 2.0 (any comments or suggestions for modifications to
the HOW-TO to accomodate apache 2.0 are welcome) but you are welcome to
check it out:

http://www.johnturner.com/howto/apache-tomcat-howto.html

You can get the source for the connectors from the Jakarta site...the URL is
in my HOW-TO.

John Turner
jturner@NOSPAM.aas.com

-----Original Message-----
From: Tiago Ferraz Machado [mailto:tferraz@cpqd.com.br]
Sent: Wednesday, August 07, 2002 10:23 AM
To: tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: Help: Tomcat 4, Apache 2, Linux 2.4

Hello,

We need help setting up Tomcat 4.0.3 with Apache 2.0.39 on a Linux 2.4.18
box.  Tomcat standalone is already working fine.

Our first problem is which method should we use for that?  mod_jk, mod_jk2,
or mod_webapp?  Second, where can we find suitable precompiled binaries?

We couldn't find much help searching mailing list archives.

Thank you,
Tiago