tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Turner, John" <JTur...@AAS.com>
Subject RE: Tomcat setup ... CATALINA_HOME
Date Tue, 06 Aug 2002 15:56:22 GMT

Actually, now that I look at the files, it doesn't matter.  Both startup.bat
and catalina.bat have these lines:

rem Guess CATALINA_HOME if not defined
if not "%CATALINA_HOME%" == "" goto gotHome
set CATALINA_HOME=.
if exist "%CATALINA_HOME%\bin\catalina.bat" goto okHome
set CATALINA_HOME=..
:gotHome
if exist "%CATALINA_HOME%\bin\catalina.bat" goto okHome
echo The CATALINA_HOME environment variable is not defined correctly
echo This environment variable is needed to run this program
goto end
:okHome

So, according to those lines, leave CATALINA_HOME alone...it will get set
appropriately.  It may be that the startup scripts aren't designed for
Win98.

The other suggestion you might try is moving jakarta-tomcat-4.0.4 to
something like c:\tomcat or c:\tomcat4.  The long pathname may be causing
the problem.

John Turner
jturner@NOSPAM.aas.com