tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Turner, John" <JTur...@AAS.com>
Subject RE: Tomcat setup ... CATALINA_HOME
Date Tue, 06 Aug 2002 15:40:16 GMT

You have to provide the full path.

CATALINA_HOME=C:\some\path\to\jakarta-tomcat-4.0.4

John Turner
jturner@NOSPAM.aas.com

-----Original Message-----
From: Ben Austin [mailto:ben_ja_min_aus_tin@hotmail.com]
Sent: Tuesday, August 06, 2002 11:38 AM
To: tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: RE: Tomcat setup ... CATALINA_HOME

Thanks for the suggestion. Here is what happened:

In my DOS command prompt I typed
set CATALINA_HOME = jakarta-tomcat-4.0.4\bin\catalina.bat

Then I typed
jakarta-tomcat-4.0.4\bin\startup

I got the same error message as before:

The CATALINA_HOME environment variable is not defined correctly
This environment variable is needed to run this program

Do you have any more suggestions?