tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Turner, John" <JTur...@AAS.com>
Subject RE: Tomcat + apache
Date Tue, 06 Aug 2002 11:44:25 GMT

To get tomcat to work with apache for serving mixed content, you will need
to choose a connector.  At this time, there are three to choose from: mod_jk
(AJP), mod_webapp (WARP), and mod_jk2.  Then you configure apache to serve
certain content, and send other content to tomcat via the connector for
processing.

Without knowing your platform and OS environment, there's no way to point
you to documentation on how to work with a connector.

You can make the entire environment start at boot time quite easily.  Again,
not knowing your environment, there's no way to point you to alternatives.

John Turner
jturner@NOSPAM.aas.com

-----Original Message-----
From: Simone Chiaretta [mailto:simonech@logicapiu.it]
Sent: Tuesday, August 06, 2002 7:28 AM
To: tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: Tomcat + apache

Sorry for this questions that could have been already answered, but I didn't
find anything on the net and the archive doesn't have a search feature.

I'm new in tomcat world, basically I'm a programmer but I've to setup a web
server on linux with apache and tomcat.

What I'd like to know is:
1 -  How can I integrate apache 2.x with tomcat 4.0.4 (I mean having apache
handle static files and php, while tomcat just handles java dynamic
contents)
2 - How can I make this environment start at boot time.

Thank you
Simone