tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Turner, John" <JTur...@AAS.com>
Subject RE: Tomcat support HTTP PUT? Do HTTP PUT from HTML?
Date Mon, 05 Aug 2002 16:36:11 GMT

The HttpServlet class supports a doPut method.  All you would have to do is
write the code and call it.  You can do your form processing there.

John Turner
jturner@NOSPAM.aas.com

-----Original Message-----
From: Roger L. Costello [mailto:costello@mitre.org]
Sent: Monday, August 05, 2002 12:29 PM
To: Tomcat Users List
Cc: Costello,Roger L.
Subject: Tomcat support HTTP PUT? Do HTTP PUT from HTML?

Hi Folks,

I have two questions:

1. Does Tomcat 4.03 support HTTP PUT?

2. [A slightly off-topic question] Is there any way to do an HTTP PUT
from HTML?  I would like to have an HTML form that gets filled in by the
user.  Upon the user clicking the Submit button, some script kicks in to
harvest all the data in the HTML form, create an XML string using the
data, and then HTTP PUT the XML string to the Tomcat server.  I can
write Javascript to harvest the HTML form data, and compose an XML
string.  However, I don't know how to then HTTP PUT the XML string to
the server.  Any ideas?  /Roger