tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Turner, John" <JTur...@AAS.com>
Subject RE: DB2/servlet error....Help need please
Date Fri, 02 Aug 2002 19:21:58 GMT

As much as I would rather not help you debug an IBM product, if the code
does not work in either tomcat or your Websphere application, then it isn't
a tomcat issue at all, and most likely it isn't even a servlet issue, but a
JDBC driver issue.

If you are saying that everything works in a servlet context on Websphere,
but NOT on tomcat, that would be different, but it sounds like it isn't
working at all.  Is that correct?

John Turner
jturner@NOSPAM.aas.com

-----Original Message-----
From: Nishant_Awasthi@progressive.com
[mailto:Nishant_Awasthi@progressive.com]
Sent: Friday, August 02, 2002 3:13 PM
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: Re: DB2/servlet error....Help need please

Sorry Dennis to skip answering the first part...
well yes DB2 connectivity works fine outside the servlet context...

If I run a simple JAVA file to perform DB2 database data retrieval, it
works fine.
Its only with servlet it is not working...

--------

Nishant Awasthi
Corporate Systems Development
Progressive Insurance

                    Denis Haskin

                    <Denis@HaskinFer        To:     Tomcat Users List

                    guson.net>              <tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org>

                                            cc:     (bcc: Nishant Awasthi)

                    08/02/2002 02:58        Subject:     Re: DB2/servlet
error....Help need
                    PM                      please

                    Please respond

                    to "Tomcat Users

                    List"

Not clear what your response to my first question was: does db2
connectivity work from code
that is executed *outside* of a servlet context, that is, from the command
line?  I would make
sure that works first.

dwh

Nishant_Awasthi@progressive.com wrote:

> Hello Denis
>
> Thanks for your suggestions...
> I tried reinstalling DB2 but the same problem is coming...
> If you look here it asks for someFixPack 2 or later. [...]

For additional commands, e-mail: <