tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Jill Veronda" <...@decisiondesign.com>
Subject RE: XML parsing error on file /WEB-INF/web.xml
Date Wed, 28 Aug 2002 21:16:41 GMT
thanks! both of my problems were due to classpath settings.

-----Original Message-----
From: Michael Locasto [mailto:locasto@cs.columbia.edu]
Sent: Wednesday, August 28, 2002 1:27 PM
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: Re: XML parsing error on file /WEB-INF/web.xml

Jill,

In Tomcat 4.0.4, line 436 of AuthenticatorBase is:

<snip>
 ((HttpServletRequest) request.getRequest()).getUserPrincipal();
</snip>

That Error is "Thrown when a particular method cannot be found. " so make
sure your CLASSPATH doesn't contain conflicting JAR files or classes, for
instance, from an older version of Tomcat.

This page
http://java.sun.com/products/servlet/2.1/api/javax.servlet.http.HttpServle
tRequest.html

(damn the line wrap)

seems to indicate that in the 2.1 version of the servlet api,
getUserPrincipal() wasn't a method.

Servlets work fine?

Regards,
Michael