tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Boocock, John (Academy)" <JBooc...@acadinfo.co.uk>
Subject RE: Solaris and Tomcat 4.0.4
Date Thu, 01 Aug 2002 09:42:40 GMT
Have you checked to see that Tomcat is listening on the appropriate ports?
i.e. ours is configured to interface with apache on port 8007, doing a
netstat command should show you this listening at least:

$ netstat -a | grep 8007
tcp        0      0  *.8007                 *.*                    LISTEN

Obviously though if you have configured a different port or have it listed
in /etc/services then grep for the appropriate port or description.

Would be interested to know how you get on though as I'm considering moving
over to Solaris 8.

Regards

John B

-----Original Message-----
From: Joel Hainley [mailto:jhainley@myndkryme.com]
Sent: 31 July 2002 17:00
To: tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: Solaris and Tomcat 4.0.4

I've been battling with this for a few days..and I keep finding people
asking this question on deja ( now known as google groups ), but I haven't
found an answer.

I'm using
solaris 8 on an ultra 10
the 1.4.0_01 jdk
tomcat 4.0.4

i've set the environment variables
CATALINA_HOME
JAVA_HOME

I run tomcat with startup.sh..and I get

Using CATALINA_BASE: /usr/jakarta-tomcat-4.0.4
Using CATALINA_HOME: /usr/jakarta-tomcat-4.0.4
Using CATALINA_TMPDIR: /usr/jakarta-tomcat-4.0.4/temp
Using JAVA_HOME : /usr/j2se

then i get my command prompt again..no other windows pop up or anything.

The server does not appear to be running because if i browse to local host I
get a connection has been refuse thing. So i'm pretty sure it's not running.
So I looked in CATALINA_HOME/logs and withing the catalina.out file there
was the following information...

org/apache/catalina/startup/Bootstrap

So i'm guessing that i'm doing something horribly wrong...but I'm not sure
what it is...

help?

thanks

Joel