tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Hendryx-Parker, Calvin" <>
Subject CLIENT-CERT and JDBCRealm
Date Sat, 24 Aug 2002 01:15:22 GMT
I am working on setting up a protected service using tomcat 4.0.2 and
wanted to use CLIENT-CERT as the auth-method and I have a JDBCRealm that
works with the BASIC auth-method.  Everything is happy when I set
clientAuth=true until I put a constraint on the resource and require a
particuliar role.

It looks like the tomcat server gets the cert chain just fine since I see
it in the catalina_log as it prints the DN for each cert that it tries.  I
have the DN for my cert in the users table and a coresponding entry in the
roles table, but it never seems to match the user from what I see.  Is
there a special way that the username or roles must be stored for it to

calvin hendyrx-parker
enterprise infomediary, engineering

415.593.2738 o | 415.593.2738 f

Epylon Corporation