tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Randall R Schulz <>
Subject Re: Processor Availability
Date Fri, 30 Aug 2002 16:02:30 GMT

CTRL-D doesn't send a signal on any OS I've ever worked with, including

Use CTRL-BREAK. You'll get a nice, verbose thread dump. Make sure you've
configured your console window for at least a few hundred lines of
scroll-back, because the dump comes very fast. On my system with a newly
launched Tomcat 4.0.4-LE, there were almost 240 lines after the CTRL-BREAK.

Randall Schulz
Mountain View, CA USA

At 05:20 2002-08-30, you wrote:
>Sending a QUIT signal works in Unix (Linux and Solaris), but Ctrl-D doesn't
>do anything in Windows 2000. Anybody knows something about it?
>Jeff, what kind of processing are you doing in your JSP/servlets? You could
>be experiencing deadlock problems. It's just an idea :-)
>Best regards,
>Rodrigo Ruiz

To unsubscribe, e-mail:   <>
For additional commands, e-mail: <>