tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Randall R Schulz <rrsch...@cris.com>
Subject Re: Tomcat Installation on linux
Date Mon, 26 Aug 2002 16:07:31 GMT
Hi,

At 08:48 2002-08-26, Peter T. Abplanalp wrote:

>On Mon, Aug 26, 2002 at 11:23:16AM -0400, khozaima shakir wrote:
> > Hi Randall,
> > Sorry, guess the way i typed was misleading, i typed just
> > "shutdown.sh" at command prompt.
> > The directory that I was in when I type in startup.sh or shutdown.sh is
> > user/userName/jakarta-tomcat-4.0.4/bin>
> > The output i get on shutdown is --  Segmentation fault
>
>Please execute the following in user/userName/jakarta-tomcat-4.0.4/bin
>and post it to the list:
>
>   sh -x ./shutdown.sh > shutdown.txt

Better make that:

sh -x shutdown.sh > shutdown.txt 2>&1

(the "./" is unnecessary here, since the PATH is not used to find
"shutdown.sh" -- PATH would be consulted if you included the "-c" option,
however)

The real point is to include the standard error in the output captured in
"shutdown.txt"

And really, a ".txt" suffix? Yuck!

Randall "when in Rome ..." Schulz
Mountain View, CA USA