tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Randall R Schulz <rrsch...@cris.com>
Subject Re: Tomcat Installation on linux
Date Mon, 26 Aug 2002 15:42:21 GMT
Shakir,

Sorry for the misunderstanding.

That's pretty odd. It's typical nowadays on Unix systems to omit "." from
the PATH, so unless you've added "." (or an empty PATH element, which is to
say a leading colon or two colons in a row), you need to enter "./shutdown"
or a full path name ".../jakarta-tomcat-4.0.4/bin/shutdown.sh" (where "..."
is the directory in which the Tomcat installation was performed) in order
to invoke the proper script.

The Segmentation fault certainly should not occur. If it was the JVM that
crashed like that, it's a sure indication of a bug in the JVM or in a
native (as in JNI) library used by your platform's Java system. Make sure
you have the latest stable release of Java installed on your system.

Randall Schulz
Mountain View, CA USA