tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Jacob Kjome <h...@visi.com>
Subject Re: jndi jdbc driver location
Date Sun, 25 Aug 2002 18:56:00 GMT

I has to be in common/lib if you want to use Tomcat's JNDI or JDBC
resources because both the server and the webapps need access to the
driver.  The only way to do that is to have the library exist in common/lib
as plain old lib (or, equivalently, shared/lib in Tomcat-4.1.x) only makes
libraries available to the webapps, not the container itself.

If only your webapps need the libraries, put them in "lib" or "shared/lib"
and if only the server needs access to the libraries put them in "server/lib".

Jake