tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Jacob Kjome <h...@visi.com>
Subject Re: Static pages dir inside webapps
Date Sat, 24 Aug 2002 23:14:31 GMT

Read the Tomcat docs and the servlet spec...or, just ignore them and take
if for granted that Tomcat only generates a context entry when there is a
WEB-INF dir inside your webapp.  Any way you look at it, you *have* to have
a WEB-INF directory in your webapp in order for it to be seen as a
context.  Tomcat-3.3 may not have enforced the rule, but I can almost
guarantee that it is not portable to other servers implementing the
servlet-2.2+ spec and, as you have already experienced, it isn't even
portable to the next generation of Tomcat itself.

Jake