tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Jacob Kjome <h...@visi.com>
Subject Re: Tomcat 4.1 b9, Reload Context with Ant
Date Tue, 20 Aug 2002 01:39:09 GMT

What you need to use is a context configuration file.  That is, a file with
the root element being <Context ....>.  Put all your resources within this
that are needed by the webapp and then use the following:

<install
             url="${manager.url}"
             username="${manager.username}"
             password="${manager.password}"
             path="${app.path}"
             war="file://${build.home}/WEB-INF/contextConfigFile.xml" />

The contextConfigFile.xml contains a <Context ...> entry with the path and
docRoot for the app.

Just a note.  I haven't gotten this to work on Windows even though Craig R.
McClanahan says that it works for him on Unix.  However, I haven't tried it
with the latest version 4.1.9.

If you get this to work for you, let me know.

Jake