tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Eric Gilbertson <eric.gilbert...@pervasivesec.com>
Subject Re: How to change the package definition from org.apache.jsp to something else ?
Date Tue, 20 Aug 2002 15:53:57 GMT
Rob,

As noted in a previous response, the package name and location of the
servlet class
files is server specific and not directly controllable by the user. You can
work around
this by statically compiling your servlets using jspc (use the -p switch to
control
the package name that is used) and packing the resulting class files into a
.war file.
This scheme is also server specific, so you want might to consider
portability impacts
before using it.

HTH,

Eric Gilbertson