tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Capr1ce <capr...@capr1ce.co.uk>
Subject Connection pooling using Jakarta commons
Date Wed, 14 Aug 2002 10:47:13 GMT
Hi,

I'm new here. My name's Mel. Hi!

Anyway, I have a question that I cannot find an answer for anywhere.
I've implemented connection pooling using Tomcat 4.0 and the required
projects from Jakarta commons as instructed in the JNDI resources how to
that can be found with in the Tomcat documentation.
(http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/tomcat-4.0-doc/jndi-resources-howto.html)
I have edited my server.xml and web.xml files and it works perfectly. How
comes the time for my project to be transferred onto the new web hosting
companys web site. This is where I have hit a problem. I cannot edit their
server.xml. Only my own web.xml. So i've added the <resource-ref> element
to web.xml:

<resource-ref>
     <res-ref-name>jdbc/ocb_clients</res-ref-name>
     <res-auth>Container</res-auth>
</resource-ref>

However, server.xml contains many parameters:

<ResourceParams name="jdbc/ocb_clients">
     <parameter>
       <name>factory</name>
     </parameter>
     <parameter>
      <name>username</name>
      <value>username here</value>
     </parameter>
     <parameter>
      <name>password</name>
      <value>password_here</value>
     </parameter>
     <parameter>
        <name>driverClassName</name>
        <value>org.gjt.mm.mysql.Driver</value>
     </parameter>
     <parameter>
       <name>url</name>
       <value>jdbc:mysql://localhost:3306/ocb_clients</value>
     </parameter>
</ResourceParams>

Can these be included in web.xml somehow? Or do I need to take a different
approach?
Thanks very much for any help,
Mel.