tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Alex Tait" <at...@claritycon.com>
Subject RE: Tomcat and IIS
Date Fri, 23 Aug 2002 15:28:53 GMT
I had great success installing Tomcat behind IIS with these
instructions:
http://members.ozemail.com.au/~lampante/howto/tomcat/iisnt/.  The
redirects work just fine.

One thing to note: I was never able to use jk_nt_service.exe to get
Tomcat installed as a service per those instructions.  But someone on
this e-mail list told me to use the executable at
http://jakarta.apache.org/builds/jakarta-tomcat-4.0/release/v4.0.4/bin/
and install the service as an option.  Works like a charm!

The other advantage to having Tomcat run as a service is that it will
run without someone being logged in.  That's key if you have a server
that's not going to have someone logged in all the time, which is the
case nearly all the time.

-----Original Message-----
From: Sexton, George [mailto:gsexton@mhsoftware.com]
Sent: Friday, August 23, 2002 10:19 AM
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: RE: Tomcat and IIS

The 3.x instructions also work with 4.0.4. The EXE that you need to run
as a
service is named tomcat.exe and is part of the tomcat distribution that
you
already have. Look in the bin directory.

The benefit of running as a service is that Tomcat will automatically
start
when the machine is booted. Otherwise, at minimum you have to have
somebody
login.

A good reference for setting up the service is at:

http://www.webmasterbase.com/article/305/27