tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Jeff Macomber <JMacom...@NetByTel.com>
Subject Log4j and Tomcat 4.0.3
Date Mon, 05 Aug 2002 13:37:01 GMT
Hi all,

I am attempting to configure my system to use Log4j with Tomcat 4.0.3LE on
RH Linux 7.1 with JDK1.4.  I am having difficulty getting the logging
working using the short manual on the jakarta site.  I have added the
appropriate -D option to my environment specifying a default config file.  I
have also tried just putting it in the /<APPNAME>/WEB-INF/classes directory
as the doc specifies. I put the Log4j jar file in the common/lib and
received the error:

(org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Protocol).

I tried putting the jar file in other locations including server/lib, /lib,
and WEB-INF/lib and had other error most commonly a NoClassDefFound
exception. Has anyone successfully configured Log4j with the above listed
configuration?  Could you please tell me the location I should have the jar
file and the location you used for your config file?

Thanks,
Jeff