tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Rick Yoesting <ryoest...@mac.com>
Subject Re: DB2 DataSources and Tomcat 4.0.4
Date Fri, 30 Aug 2002 20:44:23 GMT
Vance,

We're using DB2 via DataSource with Tomcat 4.0.3 using Struts
(<data-source> element in struts-config.xml), so I assume this means it
should work without Struts also. Below is a JSP snippet that should tell
you if you're driver is working or not outside of Tomcat's Resource
Factory.

 From what I gathered in your previous posts, you're using
COM.ibm.db2.jdbc.app.DB2Driver. I think you should be using
COM.ibm.db2.jdbc.net.DB2Driver.

As for where to put the driver -- we renamed the .zip file to .jar and
put it in <CATALINA_HOME>/common/lib.

One last thought -- make sure DB2's JDBC Applet Server/Listener is
running.

Good luck,

Rick

<%@ page language="java" import="java.util.*,java.sql.*" %>
<%
try {
	Class.forName("COM.ibm.db2.jdbc.net.DB2Driver").newInstance();

	DriverManager.getConnection("jdbc:db2://localhost/dbAlias","username","password"
);

   	ResultSet rs = stmt.executeQuery("select * from sometable");

	while (rs.next()) {
		// do something
	}
  	rs.close();