tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Wills, Mike N. (TC)" <MNWi...@taylorcorp.com>
Subject RE: How close 'till release?
Date Fri, 23 Aug 2002 19:24:13 GMT
For testing it is fine. And for non-essential websites, its fine. But not
for a "if it's down it's a problem" site.

-----Original Message-----
From: Milt Epstein

Again, it's a bit of a circular/chicken-egg problem.

I mean, I understand (and sympathize with what you're saying), but I
also understand the position of those who want to wait until there's
"release"-quality code available.  I mean, what will the typical
manager say after the production system breaks down and you tell them
that you went with "beta"-quality code instead of "release"-quality
code.

Milt Epstein