tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Wills, Mike N. (TC)" <MNWi...@taylorcorp.com>
Subject RE: SSL Connection Tomcat and Apache
Date Tue, 13 Aug 2002 16:54:22 GMT
This is exactly what I am wondering about.

-----Original Message-----
From: Peter T. Abplanalp

On Tue, Aug 13, 2002 at 11:27:21AM -0400, Pooleery, Manoj wrote:
> i have it working on different machines.  Tomcat on one machine and apache
> on another.  SSL will work irrespective of the machines, as long as both
of
> the machines can see each other.(i mean on the same network).

i'm not sure this answers the question.  i am also interested in this.
let me draw a picture:

client <- talks on 443 ssl to -> apache <- talks ??? on port 8009 -> tomcat

the problem being that if the webser gets encrypted stuff and then
passes it to tomcat in the clear, someone could get the unencrypted
info from the second conversation.