tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Ned Wolpert" <wolp...@codeheadsystems.com>
Subject Re: Enterprise Java Beans (EJB)
Date Thu, 15 Aug 2002 17:07:10 GMT

Correct me if I'm wrong, but its still only the persistance side, right?
Or would use use it to replace session beans?  I can see it replacing
Entity beans, and the DAO layer uses entity beans; then your session
beans would talk to the DAO layer which did all (only?) persistance.

So, it doesn't replace all of EJB, just EJB's entity beans, right?

> If you have an interface, such as DAO pattern, you could change the
> implementation and not affect the rest of your application.
> So ... make your persistance/CRUD and interface.
>
> This lets you change how it does CRUD. You should be able to switch from
>  JDO to EJB or OJB to RowSet/ResulSet.
>
> If you have to refactor the whole application to junk EJB or JDO... that
>  would not be great. A simple interface would do ya.

Virtually,
Ned Wolpert <wolpert@codeheadsystems.com>                     4e75