tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Marc-Henri PAMISEUX <marc-henri.pamis...@clg.fr>
Subject Re: Using a Webapp on a network share
Date Tue, 27 Aug 2002 16:04:15 GMT
Tim Funk wrote:
> Yup - I had my Win2K machine load a webapp on a HPUX samba share. But
> for some reason (for which I don't know or care)  - the sharing was REAL
> slow with respect to performance.
>
> eg: (Assume drive O is mounted)
> <Context path="/shmoopy" docBase="O:/www/shmoopy" debug="0"/>

I've found the error !

That wasn't a Context Path problem but tomcat.exe that run Tomcat as a
services.
When i run tomcat as a windows services, nothing works if the webapp is
on a network drive. But if i run Tomcat with startup.bat, all is OK and
works fine !

I think there is now a problem with Tomcat.exe (The same as alexandria
Javaservice)

Thank for all,

Marc-Henri