tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Carsten Burstedde...@burstedde.de>
Subject Re: mod_jk error
Date Mon, 26 Aug 2002 17:14:30 GMT
Hi Nicholas,

> I have always assumed these error messages were caused by
> the browser closing the connection -- generally because the
> user has clicked on something else or pressed STOP.
> (Of course, a double-click can exhibit the same way.)
>
> The servlet doesn't know that the user is no longer listening,
> so when it tries to write the response to a closed connection,
> it get's an error.

thanks for the answer... so nothing serious (no bugs in mod_jk) :) .
What about buggy browsers needing a workaround in httpd.conf or similar?
Are the following directives sufficient?

httpd.conf (SSL virtual host):
   SetEnvIf User-Agent ".*MSIE.*" \
           nokeepalive ssl-unclean-shutdown \
           downgrade-1.0 force-response-1.0