tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Eddie Bush <ekb...@swbell.net>
Subject RPM Upgrade from 4.0.4 - error: failed dependencies:
Date Wed, 21 Aug 2002 20:38:35 GMT
Hi, I was wondering if someone could tell me why the LE version has a
dependency on jaxp/xml api/commons logging.  This is all functionality
found in J2SDK 1.4 (hence the LE version), right?  My guess is that the
packages contain "better versions" - is this correct?  My SDK install
was via RPM as well.  I'm going to hold off on the upgrade until I get a
signal that these dependencies are actually needed.  I don't mind adding
commons logging and log4j, as I use them anyway, and like the idea of a
RPM install.  However, the jaxp/xml api stuff has thrown me for a loop.
 I really don't think any of these dependencies should exist.

error: failed dependencies:
        jaxp_parser_impl is needed by tomcat4-4.1.9-le.1jpp
        xml-commons-apis is needed by tomcat4-4.1.9-le.1jpp
        jakarta-commons-logging >= 1.0.1 is needed by tomcat4-4.1.9-le.1jpp

I know someone out there knows if these are true requirements, or if
this is perhaps a misconfiguration in building the RPMs.  I would
appreciate it if they would step forward and clearify this point for me.
 :-)

I can't say how shocked I was to find RPMs for the beta to begin with.
 I suppose kudos for that go out to Henri (and, I'm sure, many others as
well).  I, for one, really appreciate it!

Thanks!

Eddie