tomcat-users mailing list archives

From jfc <jfc...@btopenworld.com>
Subject tomcat4 + declarative security
Date Wed, 21 Aug 2002 11:25:42 GMT
Hi,

I have two questions regarding declarative security ( I use
JBoss2.4.x+Tomcat4.0 + struts1.1, on suse linux7.2  - ):

1.    Is tomcat 4 supposed to be able to distinguish previously
authenticated users from unauthenticated users?

    I assumed the answer to this question is yes because otherwise the
user would have to undergo the entire authentication process repeatedly
for each request that he submits within a single session.

2.    Is tomcat 4 supposed to be able to do the above (i.e. remember a
user's logged-in-ness) regardless of whether his current request was to
a secured resource? (again assume requests are within the same session).

cheers
jfc