tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Remy Maucherat <r...@apache.org>
Subject Re: tomcat stops randomly. why??
Date Wed, 14 Aug 2002 09:45:34 GMT
Serdar BOZDA─× wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I have installed Apache Tomcat 4.0.4 web server to my computer. Tomcat is running as
a service on this NT machine. But sometimes it does not respond. I have no explanation for
it.
> I looked at the log files to find out sth. The only thing that I found is in the localhost_examples_log.2002-08-13.txt
file. There is a recurring error. But the time that the error occur at is not the time that
the server is unreacheable.
> (In the services window it is seemed as working properly.)
>
> What may the reason for this problem?
> --The following error
> --NT machine
> --High Load(In fact load is not so high)
> --Or what ???

It's not the error you mention, that's for sure. (that one only means a
client disconnected while a request was processed)

I have no idea what could cause your Tomcat to stop working. You could
try to see if it's a memory problem, or if the VM just crashes.

You could try the Tomcat 4.1.x betas and see if it helps.
4.1.8 Beta:
http://jakarta.apache.org/builds/jakarta-tomcat-4.0/release/v4.1.8-beta/
4.1.9 Test: http://jakarta.apache.org/builds/jakarta-tomcat-4.0/test/v4.1.9/

Remy