tomcat-users mailing list archives

From David Cassidy <da...@twocats.co.uk>
Subject Re: Start tomcat as tomcat user
Date Tue, 13 Aug 2002 10:54:49 GMT
Can you as the tomcat user using the CLI tools access the MySQL
database ?

What error message do you get when the website tries to use the DB ?

Are you using the same user in both cases ?(ie root user and tomcat user )

David

Urtzi Larrazabal wrote:

>I have changed some permissions:
>
>	chown -R tomcat $TOMCAT_HOME/conf
>	chown -R tomcat $TOMCAT_HOME/logs
>	chown -R tomcat $TOMCAT_HOME/work
>
>I can start tomcat without any problem but.... for example the aplicatins cant't access
to mysql database.Any idea?

Tomcat as root there isn't any problem but when I try to run it as tomcat user there are several
problems.
>>Could anybody tell me  the requierements that this user must have to start tomcat?
Tomcat is running on 8080.