tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Tim Funk <funk...@joedog.org>
Subject Re: error in jsp??? Response has already been committed
Date Thu, 08 Aug 2002 22:35:34 GMT
Sneaky sneaky - posting a JRun problem on the tomcat-user list :0

Anyhow - It appears you are trying to forward to another page but you
can't because "you" (actually your servlet engine) have already sent
data back to the client. (Why? I don't know. Maybe because you are using
a JSP that has lots of whitespace which is filling up a buffer?)

Once data is sent back the to client - your can't do any of the following:
- Send redirects
- Forward to another JSP (or servlet)
- Set response headers (Cookies, character encoding ...)