tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Mario Krolo <mkr...@somanetworks.com>
Subject filters
Date Thu, 08 Aug 2002 18:18:28 GMT
Hi,

I have a few url patterns that I would like to
filter (for example /aaaone,/aaatwo,/aaathree).
They all start with the same three letters.

If I do the following in my web.xml file my filter
kicks in and everything works fine:

    <filter-mapping>
        <filter-name>MyFilter</filter-name>
        <url-pattern>/aaaone</url-pattern>
    </filter-mapping>

    <filter-mapping>
        <filter-name>MyFilter</filter-name>
        <url-pattern>/aaatwo</url-pattern>
    </filter-mapping>

    <filter-mapping>
        <filter-name>MyFilter</filter-name>
        <url-pattern>/aaathree</url-pattern>
    </filter-mapping>

However, when I try

    <filter-mapping>
        <filter-name>MyFilter</filter-name>
        <url-pattern>/aaa*</url-pattern>
    </filter-mapping>

my filter doesn't do anything.  It seems that
the /aaa* pattern is wrong.

I was wondering why and how can I get it to work
with just one filter-mapping entry in web.xml.

Thanks,

Mario