tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Alan Shiers <ashi...@hfx.eastlink.ca>
Subject newbie trying to run tomcat 4
Date Sat, 03 Aug 2002 19:21:53 GMT
Hi there,

I've downloaded Tomcat 4 for the first time and have been pouring over
these documents at the jakarta site trying to make sense of it all.  I
was able to set a context for a new webapp in server.xml and I'm able to
navigate with Netscape to the web app with
http://localhost:8080/mytest/index.html

That part works just fine.  I have a simple servlet sitting in my
WEB-INF directory and my index.html file has a link in it that is
supposed to launch the servlet:
http://localhost:8080/mytest/servlet/sqlnames

However, every time I try to click on the link, Netscape opens its
SaveAs dialog box. For some stupid reason it seems to think I'm trying
to save a file.  Has anyone had that happen before?  How do I make
Netscape understand that I'm not trying to save a file.  I just want to
launch the servlet!  What am I doing wrong?

Alan