tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Tim Funk <funk...@joedog.org>
Subject Re: Apache + Tomcat sometimes pegs CPU
Date Fri, 02 Aug 2002 17:28:36 GMT
Upgrade to 4.0.4. Earlier (4.0.X) versions have a problems with POST
requests when the browser terminates before sending enough data. This
caused an infinite loop between apache and tomcat.

Here is the simple way to reproduce, (and watch your cpu go way up):
% telnet webserver 80
POST /somepage.jsp HTTP/1.1
Host: webserver:80
Connection: Close
PutStuff here and kill telnet session before 200 chars

-Tim