tomcat-users mailing list archives

From peter lin <peter....@labs.gte.com>
Subject Re: OT: howto avoid overuse of session object?
Date Thu, 01 Aug 2002 16:28:38 GMT

what about writing a central controller, which is initiated when tomcat
starts up?

if you write a class that implements ServletContextListener and add it
to your web.xml, it will load your application. You can then set it in
the application context. Each request can then get to the application by
doing pageContext.findAttribute(string).

the ServletContextListener simply listens for
contextInitialized(ServletContextEvent). From the event, you get a
handle to the serveltcontext. once your controller is created, you
simply call servletcontext.setAttribute().

peter lin