tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Cox, Charlie" <c...@cincom.com>
Subject RE: When is the StandardClassLoader used ?
Date Thu, 08 Aug 2002 15:12:16 GMT
these two references talk about StandardLoader, not StandardClassLoader as
in the stack trace.

Looking at the code comments(4.0.1) for StandardClassLoader:
Subclass implementation of <b>java.net.URLClassLoader</b> that knows how
to load classes from disk directories, as well as local and remote JAR
files.

And by loooking at bootstrap.java and classLoaderFactory.java, it appears
that StandardClassLoader is the 'common','catalina', and 'shared'
classloaders as defined in the classloader document.

Charlie