tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "van Geenen, Jurjen (NL - Rotterdam)" <jvangee...@deloitte.nl>
Subject basic identification + confidential
Date Tue, 20 Aug 2002 09:21:54 GMT
Hi,

I have declared a webcontext to require basic identification and
confidentiality (in tomcat 4). It works fine. I have the following question:
upon opening a webpage over normal HTTP, IE warns that a switch is made to
SSL (the certificate is not trusted: selfsigned for testing), the redirect,
immediately after, the HTTP login form pops up. only AFTER succesful login,
the browser shows that the connection secure. With Mozilla the behaviour is
identical. Does anyone know if the logon is already performed through SSL or
does SSL kick in the moment the form is sent ? I cannot find this in the
docs.

Thanks,

Jurjen van Geenen
This e-mail message and its attachments are subject to the disclaimer
published at the following website of Deloitte & Touche :
http://www.deloitte.nl/disclaimer
<http://www.deloitte.nl/index.asp?Pageid=010109135051734>