tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Heligon Sandra <Sandra.Heli...@nextream.fr>
Subject RE: Apache/Tomcat Connectors List
Date Fri, 02 Aug 2002 11:51:28 GMT
Thanks a lot for your explanations there are very easy understood
and very good.
Even so I have questions:

- What interest is it to have multiple HttpConnectors ?
In the server.xml file we find
- non-SSL HTTP/1.1 Connector on port 8080
- an SSL HTTP/1.1 Connector on port 8443
why not I understand SSL or not for security.

- a Proxied HTTP/1.1 Connector on port 8081 (what is it ?)
- a non-SSL HTTP/1.0 Test Connector on port 8082 (what is it ?)
- an AJP 1.3 Connector on port 8009 (in order that Tomcat works with Apache
  but this definition is in the standalone service why ? it is used for the
communication
  between Tomcat and Apache. It would have to be in the Tomcat-Apache
service)

when we develop a commercial site the consumer doesn't have to know the
notion of web server. He only has to enter the expected URI without
specifying
a port. So I repeat what is the interest to declare all these connectors ?
By default only one "process or connector"(it is not really the term)
receives
the HttpRequest. This depends on the port specified in the URI or in the
Http.conf
if no port is specified in the URI.