tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Heligon Sandra <Sandra.Heli...@nextream.fr>
Subject RE: Apache/Tomcat Connectors List
Date Fri, 02 Aug 2002 07:28:22 GMT
Thanks for your help.

Could you say if I had well understood ?

It is the port that we specify in the URI (expl:http//localhost:8080)
that defines what connector is used and so if we used Tomcat standalone or
Tomcat with Apache ?
I read the AJP documentation and it is noted that "the AJP connector
allows to integrate Tomcat 4 into an existing (or new) Apache installation",
so I don't understand why in the default server.xml file this connector is
defined
in the Standalone service.
For me if we enter the following URL http//localhost:8009 with
               acceptCount="10" debug="0"/>
Tomcat will work with Tomcat and not in standalone mode.

What happens if the same connector is defined in the two services
(Tomcat standalone and tomcat-Apache) ?
If I decide to work with Tomcat-Apache, I don't have to declare a
standalone service, is it true ?

-----Original Message-----
From: Turner, John [mailto:JTurner@AAS.com]
Sent: 01 August 2002 20:12
To: 'Tomcat Users List'
Subject: RE: Apache/Tomcat Connectors List

Semantics, I guess.  There's one connectors distribution, and it has
everything in it.  They're even separate projects from both apache and
tomcat.

There aren't any apache packages that have tomcat connectors, nor is there
any apache documentation that says "this is how you use the apache connector
to connect to tomcat".

In any case, the URL I posted has information on all of them, as far as I
know.

John Turner
jturner@NOSPAM.aas.com