tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "PELOQUIN,JEFFREY (Non-HP-Boise,ex1)" <jeffrey_peloq...@non.hp.com>
Subject RE: Need help w. Tomcat Installation
Date Wed, 21 Aug 2002 20:32:58 GMT
I notice you have JAVA-HOME, the windows 4.0.4 I just downloaded uses
JAVA_HOME.  Is your email a typo?

If all else fails you might simply put the following into the catalina.bat
or setclasspath.bat files.

set JAVA_HOME=you java home directory

If you do it in the catalina.bat be sure to do before the call to
setclasspath.bat around line 54

I have not used the windows version but we do this for our HP-UX since we
use have multiple vendor servlet engines that use different sdk's.

Jeff

-----Original Message-----
From: STEVE R BURRUS [mailto:steve5296@yahoo.com]
Sent: Sunday, August 18, 2002 2:55 PM
To: tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: Need help w. Tomcat Installation

  Hello all, this is steve burrus.I am an admitted Tomcat "newbie" user, and
find
myself in need again of some advice from someone/somebody about just how the
hell
do you first install tomcat??! I am trying to install Tomcat 4.0.4, and I
get
everything alright EXCEPT for getting an error msg. in DOS when I try to
start it
up saying that the JAVA-HOME environment isn't properly set!!! I know that I
have
set it in the "System" applet correctly!! I am using Win XP. Oh, and one
more
thing: Is there any new version of tomcat beyond v. 4.0.4?