tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Peter T. Abplanalp" <>
Subject Re: Apache and Tomcat
Date Fri, 30 Aug 2002 15:58:02 GMT

On Fri, Aug 30, 2002 at 11:45:51AM -0400, Turner, John wrote:
> Nope, just trying to pay it forward.  I've gotten countless amounts of help
> from mailing lists in the past, and have been using open source software
> since the earliest, but have never really been in a position to devote time
> and effort to contributing what I can.

well, i have to say i was in your camp.  i am also on the qmail list
and that list is brutal on the newbies.  they are big on rtfm over
there and based on what i see here, i am begining to agree with them
although i think they could be a little more friendly about it.
basically, it boils down to the biblical principal of giving someone a
fish or teach them to fish for themselves.  perhaps we should be
telling these people how to find solutions to their problems instead
of spoon feeding them the answer every time.  for example, if they
were to search the archives for this topic, they would find your
numerous responses to the posts and hopefully not add one more post to
the archives.

just a thought. :-)

- --
Peter Abplanalp